Thursday, March 7, 2024

RBG

 


These were among those offered at the post office today when I picked up stamps.

I remember where I was when I got the news that RBG had died. Do others? I was sitting on the high school bleachers in early evening, waiting for a marching band presentation when my phone chimed. And I knew that life would look different after that evening. If I'm remembering right, it was a chilly evening, with rain starting. The band presentation was moved inside.

I sat in back with my mask, not comfortable being in a crowded auditorium but really wanting to see my drum major grand daughter conduct. It was early Covid days. My grand daughter stood on a folding chair to conduct.

I have no desire to incorporate politics in my blog, so I'll just say that my grand daughter is in college now. She is considering marching band in the fall. Perhaps trying out a different instrument.



No comments: