Friday, March 15, 2024

The Bunny

 


Last night I got a text from my neighbor telling me to look at the black bunny in my back yard.

The bunny spent quite a long time in my yard, nibbling on a rose bush and just hanging out.  I've learned that it is a neighborhood pet, spending time in many neighbors' yards.  Apparently it has a multi-colored friend as well.

Surely they were once pets.  They have escaped the coyotes and must have learned to look both ways before they cross the street. 

I guess a nice thing to do would be to toss out a few mini carrots.

And thinking of carrots, many years ago my across-the-street neighbor had a string of carrot lights that she would put out at Easter.  I've looked for some since, but none of the carrot lights now look just right.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

OH Carrot Lights!!!!!!! So Fun....
And , yes, they would have to be Just Right.