Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Summer Leaf

 


I've let myself get behind on my Blockheads 4 piecing, doing other projects, but I did get block 10 done today.  I've thought of similar patterns as autumn leaves, but I like this in spring/summer colors.

And summer it is.  Ninety degrees today, and the upstairs sewing area is hot.  Unless I make another arrangement, it will be early morning sewing and little pop-ins later.

Only thing is, early morning is also best for yard work.  I'll need to figure it out.

I've been tackling a back porch bed of hostas and other things that shouldn't be there.  Mint and honeysuckle, mainly.  I have to wonder - once the invaders are gone, will the deer come for the hostas?  They have left them alone the past few years, and I know deer love hostas.


  

2 comments:

Joanne S said...

I really LOVE this new block. the fabrics have so much "story" in them.
A bed of Hosta is like a Salad Bar for Deer.

Angie said...

I LOVE this block in these colors! I love this block any time any way—-but those fabrics are soooo Spring/Summer. Love it.