Saturday, May 21, 2022

All Those Buttons

 


I had a nice visit to a new quilt shop close to home, Around the Corner.  I got some nice patterns and a few other goodies.

The owner loves vintage buttons and has a whole drawer full, plus more at home.  

I'm eager to try out my new Best Press that is supposed to make fabrics stiffer than the original.  And I'm pretty sure I'm going back soon for some fabric for pillows.  

I'm still such a fan of Just Sew, enjoy their Wednesday Live, their website is wonderful, but they are now online only, and sometimes it's just nice to actually see new things in person.  

I gave up last night and turned on the air conditioner.  I had hoped to keep the windows open a few more days, I love feeling the breeze and hearing the neighborhood sounds.  And it's nice to keep the Duke bill lower.  But, it was just too humid to enjoy those any longer.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I imagined the living children sitting with the bodies of their dead classmates for an hour.......
and no mention of the wounded except on CNN when a man mentioned the surgeries being performed that day on the surviving children. One child had a bullet go into his nose. Another child having chest surgery.
and picturee of the police standing outside- talking, smoking, doing nothing while those children were inside those classrooms...