Sunday, May 15, 2022

Stars Lined Up

 


The stars lined up at Aaron's 8th grade concert, and Nora's band joined them for a few songs.  My heart feels so happy when that happens.  

It's really a good call on the band directors' parts, to get the younger students playing with the older ones, getting a taste of how it feels to be in a big band.  And hopefully deciding that's for them.

I have a few bags of mulch spread in the front bed, and that makes me happy too.  My gardening is on the slow track, a little most days, as opposed to a full work day.  That's ok.  Some seedlings are sprouting well  in their little peat discs, some aren't.

The compact sunflowers are the best, and I'm thinking of putting them in the front bed instead of in the back as planned.  And direct seeding more in back.  I put a mixture of seeds in a big planter, knowing that some will move.  I was inspired by pictures in May's Southern Living.  Lovely planters with different annuals.

There are always some nice recipes in Southern Living too.  I try to make at least one every month.  Yesterday, some really good baked beans.

No comments: