Friday, January 14, 2022

You Can Laugh At Me

 


One day last week I was going to tackle a kitchen full of dirty dishes and flour everywhere when I noticed that the side of my sink under the dish drainer wasn't draining.  I glanced at the stopper and saw a dead mouse in the basket.  I was horrified.

I don't do dead critters, I just don't don't.  Don't look at them, don't touch them, am terrified of them, and now there was this dead mouse that I couldn't ignore.  I tried to think of how to handle this without looking or touching, just panicking.  Even considered a Target curbside pickup of a small shop vac.  Finally I came up with a plan involving a pair of tweezers, a spatula, an opaque container, and a Kroger bag.

Heart pounding, I was able to make the flilp, and then something fell out of the Kroger bag and clanged into the sink.  It was the paddle to my bread machine.  All that, and there never was a mouse.

I was glad I hadn't called anyone for help, that would have been more laughter than I can stand, but you can go ahead and laugh.
 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I can't believe it........laughing over here- as I actually DID FIND MICE.
Would have much preferred a bread machine paddle.
Thank you for the laughter!!!!!!!