Thursday, January 6, 2022

Pinks and Corals

 


Pinks and corals.  Or maybe, pinks and oranges.  I can't be sure.

For Christmas, a friend told me to buy two of the same things for us and we would exchange them and begin work on January 1.  And so, I ordered two sets of seven fat quarters and fat-quarter-friendly patterns.

There were seven fat quarters, but one was a purple one with little squares that I just didn't like.  I ended up short of fabric, so I looked through my stash and subbed a few fabrics.  

This is the quilt top I've ended up with.  I am satisfied.  When I can, I'll take a picture of my friend's quilt, and the interesting thing is, it won't look at all like mine.  She kept the purple but took out one of the pink florals.

I am always drawn to fat quarter bundles and they often come in groups of seven so I know I'll keep this pattern in mind.  It goes together so quickly, a plus.  It's January 6, and I hope you're suitably impressed that I've kept up with my friend and have this baby quilt top ready for sandwiching.

Would that have happened if I wasn't working with my friend?  Most probably not.


No comments: