Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Watchbands

 

These are watchbands for an Apple watch.  My daughters and I have small wrists, and one daughter loved these pretty watchbands but they were a little too large.  My first thought was to open the seam and cut the elastic to shorten it.  I ended up just making a pleat, no opening seams, and sewing through the numerous layers.  With all the ruffling, the pleat doesn't show.  I love my new sewing machine.  It didn't even need to go into "jackhammer mode."

When doing a new kind of alteration, I often set it aside for a day or two.  I know I'm a procrastinator, but this isn't that.  I often find that after thinking things through I come up with a better way of doing things.  It might be a simpler way or it might be a prettier way.

I hope that the puzzling helps keep my aging brain flexible.  That, and the spatial aspects of quilting.

My North Carolina daughter planned to come last weekend, but she got so much snow.  Plans for this weekend have been postponed too because of snow possibility for her.  Winter got off to a late start, but it is January, after all.

Grandkids are now on virtual school for the rest of the week.  School in pajama pants for them.

  

No comments: