Sunday, October 3, 2021

Orange Sculpture

 

While waiting to go upstairs to visit my grand girl, I spotted this armadillo sculpture in the Cincinnati Children's Hospital lobby.  Such a whimsical guy.  One of the orange discs says "Can you count how many toes I have?"

Nora had appendicitis and is being treated with antibiotics vs surgery.  Fingers crossed for her.  Life is hard for teens sometimes.

She was able to perform her drum major duties for her band competition last night.  This was a very big deal for her, only two competitions this year.  We can only hope that next year will be a more normal year, whatever that looks like.  Last year there were no competitions at all.

The band placed fourth overall.

And so.  With my visit to Asheville and Nora's illness and taking Aaron to golf matches, which I love, I haven't touched a sewing machine in a long time.  Well, not really, but it seems that way.

Yesterday I actually went to the grocery store with a list.  I really, really want to do better with food preparation.  I have a couple of new recipes torn out of magazines and another marked on my laptop.  Once again, fingers crossed.


No comments: