Thursday, October 14, 2021

Lighted Pumpkin

 


Time to pick up the Halloween candy.  I'm always hopeful for some Trick or Treaters.

I'm very aware of the shorter days in the evenings.  Mornings are different, I enjoy getting up in the dark and watching the sky lighten.  But evenings - I always want more light.

I ordered some new window candles and I'll set them out soon, probably when the time changes on November 7 but maybe before.

There was a pair of black slacks waiting in a pile to go to Goodwill.  I always liked them but felt a little self conscious wearing them because they were a little too short.  And so . . . now they are capris and I am happy.

My books recently, I don't know.  I'm returning three today that I started reading and just didn't want to put the time into finishing them.  Good books are a treasure but mediocre books just aren't.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

hey, You!!!
I have also been sending books back with only 20 or so pages read.
I keep going if there is even a flicker of interest but not even that.
I just finished Kinsella's- Twenties Girl. I read it all. A ghost.
Today....Sigh Have a three book series about a Woman in Scotland. And a Bake Shop.
Colgan. I've read them before. Or I'll watch Sports Talk Shows.