Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Corn Pudding

 


Corn Pudding

  • 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream (or you can use regular)
  • 1 stick melted butter

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes in an 8" pan.

I like to add an egg too.  And then freeze some for other days. 

One of these days, I'll channel my Berea days and make some spoonbread from the Boone Tavern recipe.  Someone even gave me a lovely pottery bowl just for that.  The recipe is a little more complicated so I'll let you research that.  Eggs, milk, corn meal, butter, etc.  It's definitely worth making.

Dinner at Boone Tavern just isn't dinner without the server putting a scoop of spoonbread on your plate. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Your corn pudding looks delicious! I will have some now, please, for lunch. :) Corn pudding was always one of the 'have to have' foods at all of our family gatherings (not this recipe but similar) back when Mom and Daddy were still alive and we all 'went home' for any and all occasions.