Friday, October 8, 2021

Green Pumpkin

 


Two weeks ago, when we got this pumpkin at The Twisted Apple, an organic orchard near Hendersonville, NC, it was a glossy green.  Gorgeous.

Now it has turned orange in selected places.  Fascinating.  Still gorgeous.  Will it soon be all orange?

I trimmed back one of the ornamental grasses today, so if you come up my sidewalk you won't trip.  You're welcome.

But, there is a hole in the concrete under my porch.  And a small chipmunk poked his head out while I was working.  As you may know, I don't do small creatures well in enclosed spaces.  I am imagining it getting into my basement, running around, going up the steps . . . I don't even want to go there.  I have to deal with this.  And it's one of those things that I don't even know where to call.


No comments: