Monday, June 1, 2020

Green Food


My favorite local restaurant is still doing carry-out these days, although they have started some dine-in as well.  I hope that carry-out will continue for a good long while.  This is a spring salad and pasta with a pesto sauce made with pumpkin seeds and basil.

Usually, back in the old days, they were very crowded, with people waiting.  Tables close together.  It was a scene.  The food is so good, lots of veggies and herbs, pretty cocktails.  They have some cocktail mix for carry-out, but they have added bottles of wine too.

Sarah came again last week for my second cataract surgery.  She did lots of chores around the house and I felt very lazy but grateful.  We had an outdoor lunch at Steph's house, six feet apart, and that felt so good.  

It is weird, just so strange, to be able to see nicely without glasses.  I can't remember when I got my first pair, but I'm sure it was early in grade school.  I'll be getting a bifocal eventually with a little distance correction, but no more putting them on first thing in the morning, keeping a spare old pair in my car for just in case.  

We had a curfew last night in my little city across the river from Cincinnati.  Same for tonight.  At around 11:00 last night I smelled smoke and had a panic moment, but I think it was just wet wood in a neighbor's fire pit.  

No comments: