Friday, June 12, 2020

Lucy and the Mulberries


Meet Lucy, the oldest of the three little brown rescue grand dogs.  The only one who has a passion for mulberries.  When it's time for her walk she heads for the mulberry tree.  Sweet Lucy - I hope she gets her fill before the mulberries are gone.

The governor's press conference is no longer on tv but on facebook.  I get distracted by the comments scrolling from the bottom, even though I know that if I turn my phone the other way I won't see them.  

Where is my unemployment?  White people need health care too.  You have no right to request that the Jefferson Davis statue be moved from the Capital, the people should vote.  Open the pools.  Open nursing homes to visitors.  Etc.

Of course, there are also the comments that say he is doing a good job and thanking him.  The nursing home issue is such a tough one.  (Well, they all are.)  My neighbor hasn't seen his dad in three months.  And yet, there were three nursing home deaths in a neighboring county reported yesterday.  

Last night I woke up at 1 a.m. dreaming of the comments scrolling.  If I"m waking up at night I need to take a break from watching those comments.  Open the package with my absentee ballot.  Quilt something, anything.  Drop off a package for my friend.  Be grateful for my friend/family circles and marvel that they never intersect.

No comments: