Monday, June 15, 2020

Temps


Hard to believe - Nora has what the kids call her temps - the temporary license for driving with an adult.  In Ohio the minimum age for getting temps is 15 1/2.

Last night she drove my car, which feels just weird.  When I first bought that car Nora and Aaron were in booster seats in the back.  Of course, I've had that car for awhile, but still . . .

An older friend, in her 80's, went to the doctor for her check-up.  All was well, and the doctor told her to wear a mask, wash, wash, wash, and have fun.  She is looking forward to going to the grocery store.  There may be a lesson for me here.

In an effort to get back into quilting, the kind where you follow directions, I joined a block of the week class at my local quilt shop.  The first two blocks arrived together, the fabrics were pretty, and I didn't follow the cutting directions correctly.  I've sent the shop an email asking if I can buy more fabric.  If they don't have more, there is always another way.

In the meantime, since I was slow starting, I can go on to blocks 3 and 4, being really careful with the cutting.  I'd hate to have to admit that I messed up twice.


No comments: