Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Hearts




Hearts on my pajama pants.  I got them at the Gap Outlet years ago for $2.  They are long and lovely cotton.  I also got them in black because . . . why not?

After a hot night, I turned on the ac this morning.  I wasn't hopeful, in fact had put it off.  When I got my new furnace last winter there was an installation glitch and the heat and air were both running for about a week.  I thought there was a good probability that they just disconnected the air for a temporary fix.  But, no, there is cool air coming out of the vents.

And maybe, just maybe, the compressor will hold up for another summer, giving me more time to save for a new one.  It is old, I know that.  I'd like a more energy efficient one.  But I'd also like one more year.

Tomorrow is my second cataract surgery.  I am a little anxious, but I am picturing getting back in the car afterwards.  Going down the road.  Having a nice lunch.  Sarah and little dog P-Nut are driving back from North Carolina tonight.

I will be picking up my grocery order in a bit and just got the message about possible substitutions.  Nothing big.  Except that no, I don't want to substitute beef corn dogs for veggie corn dogs.  Not that I need corn dogs anyway, but sometimes they are just a quick fix.

I'm still pretty upset about a protest-gone-wrong this weekend that ended up with a group marching to the governors's mansion porch and then hanging the governor in effigy on the capitol lawn.  Please, aren't we better than that after all these years?

But one of the marchers to the governor's mansion raised an interesting question for me.  She said, "It's our house too."  In some ways, that's true, it's a state building.  But it's also a private residence.  Something to think about.


No comments: