Wednesday, May 6, 2020

One Month Later


On April 5 I started this stocking during the governor's press conference.  Every day for a month I worked on it during the press conferences, sometimes did a bit at other times.  On May 5 it was finished.  That's a lot of hours, but I'm reminded of the Appalachian saying, "What's time to a hog?"

It's not for anyone, that wasn't really the point.  The point was keeping my fingers busy and working toward something.  Anything.

I have no more stockings in my stash, but there are a couple of banners that I might work on.  I have no desire to do another stocking.  In fact, I'd like to find a hand project that is more creative and doesn't include beading at all.

After days of stable positive coronavirus cases, there was a big spike in the state yesterday.  Half of those were in a state prison.  Probably more in long term care facilities.  That seems to be where cases concentrate quickly.

On Sunday my family delivered two lovely hanging baskets from a band fund raiser.  I'm keeping an eye on the weather - Friday night for sure they will need to come in to escape the frost.  Possibly even tonight.  I don't want anything to happen to them.


No comments: