Tuesday, May 19, 2020

She's Really Coming Back


Sarah was here last week with smallest brown dog P-Nut.  Here P-Nut is looking hopefully out the door for Sarah to return from working in the yard, running, or bicycle riding.  Sometimes there was even a little crying involved, despite my trying to reassure her that Sarah would indeed come back.

P-Nut isn't the kind of dog that enjoys being petted, but I've learned that if I cover her with a blanket or fleece jacket she will tolerate my putting a hand over the fleece.  Prior to her rescue, I think she had a hard life.

Sarah was here because I had cataract surgery on my right eye.  It was a fast-growing cataract, originally scheduled for surgery when things were shut down.  When I went in for the surgery I could barely see with that eye and now . . . I can see well.  Truly a miracle surgery for me.

Of course, I worried more about the surgery than I should have.  Partly, most likely, from being isolated those weeks ahead of time.  When I went for testing two days prior to the surgery it was the first time I'd been anywhere except for pick-ups at the grocery or pharmacy or (yay!) the quilt shop.  Suddenly I found myself in a large medical building with many people, elevators, masks everywhere.  It was a little shocking.

Next week, most likely, surgery on the other eye, and then the eyes should be equally slightly near-sighted.

No comments: