Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Sewing Machine Accident


Last week when unpacking from retreat, I accidentally brushed against this sewing machine with a heavy bag and it fell out of the cargo area of my car.  In my defense, the car was parked on a slope.  The machine bounced on the driveway and there was a horrible rattle.

It took several days for me to try it out, and in the meantime I talked myself into believing that the rattle came from the accessory tray flying apart and the metallic feet and throat plate bouncing on the concrete.

In fact, that is what happened.  The machine is undamaged, the hard cover is undamaged, and all the accessories are back in place.  This is not a computerized machine, and I'm not sure the end result would have been as lucky if it were.  I'm feeling very lucky.

Someone asked me if I had another machine.  Ummm, yes.  More than one.  This is the one I like to travel with, because it is a wonderful but less expensive machine.  It has lived to travel another day.

No comments: