Saturday, May 11, 2019

Band Concerts


Nora's last middle school band concert was last week.  It was bitter sweet - she enjoyed middle school band a LOT.  I'm a fan of flowers after a concert.

On Thursday we were driving back from her bassoon lesson when she said, "I forgot, tonight is the high school band concert."  I asked her if she wanted to go but she said no, none of her friends were going.  Then a few miles down the road she said that she really did want to go.

We got there just at the right time and the concert was great.  Two concert bands combined plus two symphonic bands.  I found that I enjoyed the music and decided that I could count it as an Artist Date, even though I did have company.

Today is a different kind of day.  I'll be picking up Aaron to take him to his basketball game while their dad takes Nora to her softball game.  I find that the idea of a basketball game in the midst of baseball season is a nice one.

And yes, Aaron will be in middle school band next year, playing the trombone.  I'm not sure what tipped him in that direction, but he is looking forward to it.

No comments: