Sunday, May 26, 2019

All Star


Aaron's All Star game yesterday finished before the rain.  One inning at third base, one pitching, one catching.  It will be fun today to hear his recap of the game.  The temperature was in the high 80's.  I know that when the catcher's gear came off his face was very red.  That boy loves baseball.  And football.  Even basketball, most days.  But not soccer.

Rain again this afternoon.  Perhaps tomorrow morning early I can work outside in the flower beds.  I did get a plant Friday.  It looked healthy with yellow spikes and that was good enough for me.  Once in the car, though, it smelled suspiciously like spearmint.  I may plant it in the pot to keep it from spreading all over. 

My grands have a very practical grandmother.  For their graduation gifts, I got them both swim suits.  Actually, Nora hasn't picked hers out yet.  Aaron's was easy.  He said he wanted black.  I found charcoal swim trunks and a charcoal rash guard with black color block.  He was happy.  I would not even take a chance on something for Nora.  Either size or style.

The Reds won today in Chicago.  Six and one half games out of first, but in the basement.  I was looking at the standings in other divisions.  In any of the other divisions they would not be in the basement.  So, there's that.

No comments: