Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Fill-In # 187

Friday Fill-In's once again. Answers are in bold.

1. I'm going to finish embroidering the wings on this angel before I go to work . . . I really am. They are lovely and ridged but the stitching is very dense and I can't get more than a few hundred stitches done without the thread shredding. I've used all my tricks . . . good thread, Q foot, slow speed, firm stabilizer . . . and it's still slow going. I know that once I get past the wings it will be smooth stitching. And in the meantime, I'm going to unclog the bathtub drain. That's my life this morning.

2. I could use a little adventure and daring. I used to be much better at it. Now I can actually feel myself holding back and I don't like it. And for what? Conserving energy? Trying to be safe because I've had several big changes in the past few years?

3. Perhaps today you can make it a point to help someone else feel a little better. A little "touch." A card, some cookies, a kind word, loving energy. Just be sure to give a little to yourself too.

4. Who do I know who has a true adventurer's spirit? My friend Jess comes to mind. Hey, Jess, if you're there, I admire your spirit.

5. Compassion is a deliberate slowing down to listen and think. It's energy out. I don't think it's the default setting for most of us.

6. I need to make some changes in my living space no matter how difficult. More color. Little updates. Taking off my interior doors and sanding them down, painting with Kilz, then white, and rehanging them. One at a time. None of what I have in mind is physically difficult, really, the difficulty comes in commiting to do it and and allocating the time. Or, maybe changing living space represents other changes. Now we're getting somewhere.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing my bag, tomorrow my plans include working, and Sunday I want to breathe a lot. Just breathe.


Happy Friday, everyone.

No comments: