Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Grandgirl's Socks

On a stop in Berea last September, I spotted some hand-dyed little girl's socks, very pretty, and wanted to make some for Nora. By the time I had purchased a package of socks, it was cool weather, not good for dyeing. When it warmed up this year, I put several pairs of socks in my dyeing batches, but they weren't quite right. The first pairs were nice but too solid, the next pairs had too much white and looked too tie-dyed. Finally, I've got it right. My plans are to put a pair in the various colors of dye that I'm using for other things. That girl will have LOTS of socks.


The socks above came from a batch for the borders of Helen's quilt. Once again, the first batches didn't look quite right (although just right for something else.) I think I can be happy with this, but I'm not sure whether the borders are too wide. And maybe the blue is too blue.


I'm just not sure. There may be more blue socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I think the green is spot-on but the blue may be a bit too blue... maybe more of a purple-blue? I don't know. I didn't inherit my mother's eye for color!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Or maybe.... I see that the green has hints of blue. Perhaps if the blue had hints of green?
Again... I'm not good at this!

-Steph