Monday, July 26, 2010

Blue Day

It was a day for finishing blue projects.

It's been too long since Nora has had a new Gran B dress, and this gathered panel was so easy. Serge up the back, turn up the hem, and add ribbons to tie at the shoulders. Done. Of course, it took a month from serge to ties.

This postcard was for a birthday exchange. I can't remember why I had the piece of embroidery that shows up in the laptop cozy below. Maybe I skipped the first bit of embroidery and had to start over again. The piece of piping was from that project too.



The soft laptop cozy is a work project, a Martha Pullen design that I made with hand-dyed blue fabric and blue gingham. For some reason, it took me a couple of tries, well, maybe three, to get it together right, but here it is.


And the last blue - I started this tote during Kids Kamp to show the kids the steps. All it needed was the binding. It's my variation of McCalls 6130, with a water bottle pocket in the side instead of their pocket. They say it's a 60-minute project and it actually is, not for kids who are learning but easily for experienced sewers.

I love finishing projects and picking up a bit. Since I've been sewing downstairs during this heat, I had things everywhere. I went to the post office and sent off a bag, postcard, and baby bib. A good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dress is so cute, Nora will look real cute in it ! It will feel good to her in this heat !
You do such nice work !
Janice