Saturday, July 17, 2010

This Time and This Place

This is the first okra blossom I've seen in my garden. Obviously there have been others, because there are two okra veggies on the plant. I'm not especially a fan of okra, although I like it, but I really like the bloom.

I've been quiet all week since I've been super busy teaching six girls to sew. My only project for myself was this bag, and it was from a kit at that, at least in the sense that the fabric and instructions were packaged together. The pink wasn't with the package but I liked it better than the green stripe-y fabric that was. The green stripe-y stuff was also the other side of the quilted fabric, and it does make a neat lining.

The monogram needed a little touching up with more dots. When the software recommends a range of sizes for a particular font, it's a very good idea to stay within that range. Enough said.

Last night was a lovely night to sit outside and listen to the fireworks that happen after the ballgame when the Reds are in town, and they were, and they won. I had some lovely cherries to eat and the pre-rain breeze was perfect. I wished, just for an instant, that I'd gone down to the riverfront, but really, sitting on my porch was just right.

No comments: