Sunday, August 1, 2010

August

Actually it was in the last days of July when I took this picture in Steph's neighborhood, but close enough. Although it was hot, the kids' skin felt so cold from splashing in the pool. The little guy with his back to the camera says he's going to marry Nora one day.

The Viking Embroidery Club carry-all below is the one that used all that piping, and there was about a yard left over for another day. I like this one - it's different from most totes and has an art-y look to it. The directions called for beige linen with a green geometric lining but I like the blue with pink and blue batik so much better.



Except for a trip to the grocery store, I stayed home all day today. Doing laundry, cleaning, sewing, cooking, reading a book, watering the garden. I have one day off this weekend followed by five work days and felt like I wanted to just stay at home. Trying get things right for myself.

I added hard boiled eggs, feta cheese, and fresh sweet corn to a pasta salad and it was delicious. I love to read blogs about how other people cook nice things, but those people aren't me. I'm happy with the simple stuff.

No comments: