Monday, August 2, 2010

What's For Dinner?

I met some friends for lunch last week at What's for Dinner. A nice deli-type place with lots of hot and cold selections sold by the pound. Can't wait to go back. I had a veggie lasagna and a wonderful carrot salad. Just around the corner from What's For Dinner was the BonBonnerie Cafe and I want to go there too. Ten Thousand Villages was across Madison, and I did go there. I'll never pass up a chance to go there.

On the way back I took a wrong turn and went past Summit Country Day School, which looked amazing. So did the neighborhood houses. Huge and older and well landscaped.

I worked today, unusual for a Monday, but before I went I did this birthday postcard. I've had the Embroidery Library design for ages but had never done it. I did the front, then used a temporary basting spray to fasten the stiff backing before doing the satin stitching around the edges. I thought it might shift, but it worked great. The gold part of the cupcakes is applique, so it could look different depending on the fabric.


After the card was finished, I put it inside the storm door of my neighbor's house. Hope she likes it.

No comments: