Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teak

Last night I had plans to visit a restaurant in Mt. Adams with good friends. We realized in the afternoon that the place I chose was closed on Mondays so we made a second choice, Teak, which was around the corner. It is a Thai and sushi restaurant - a good choice.

I had tofu pad thai - I'm always looking for pad thai that's as good as WanPen in Berea. I still haven't found anything better, but this was good and had lots of veggies.

With the hot weather we've had all summer, it didn't seem possible that we could sit outside on the deck, but it was very pleasant, perfect in fact. On a Monday night the restaurant was still busy but not crowded, and it seemed that most people opted to sit outside.

Mt. Adams is ever so charming. This restaurant, also with outside dining although it's hard to see it here, was across a side street


and across the other street was a place with wonderful flower boxes.


I still want to go to Rookwood, the original choice, just not on a Monday. Sarah, Winnie, and I went some time last year and we loved it. It used to be a pottery and there are two kilns still in place, now used for seating. Next time.

No comments: