Saturday, August 21, 2010

Heavenly Angels

There are four of these lovely HolleyBerry angels on this banner. I needed it done in a hurry, so I went to my favorite thrift store and was lucky enough to find the red table runner with little embellishments on the corners. All I needed to do was embroider the angels on white linen, tadd a fleece backing to the linen rectangles, and sew around them with dotted ribbon.


At some point I want to use the angels to make something for myself, not sure what just yet. But in the meantime, there's a church banner to finish in a very timely manner, a long-overdue Raggedy Andy to make for Aaron's birthday, a work project or two, a shower gift to finish. And I've just started a third Seeing Double table runner that needs to be quickly finished.

And, there's thinking to do, about balance. It always comes down to that for me. I would have thought that with all the thinking I've put into that subject already, I'd have figured it out. But there's always the hope. Like the Grinch, who "thought and thought 'til his puzzler was sore, then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before." That's my hope - that I'll think of something I hadn't before.

But in the meantime, the new table runner is looking glorious. On my first and only trip to Cabin Arts, a local quilt shop, I got a set of fat quarters tied with a pretty organza ribbon. In colors I rarely use. I wondered at the time just why I wanted them so much, but I did, and they're perfect for this project. I love how the Universe takes care of me like that.

No comments: