Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Visit With Sarah

Mantle cloth with vintage trim. I knew there was a good reason why I saved the yellow fabric from ages ago.

The design is a Martha Pullen design that I was stitching for work. I did the embroidery there but when I started to work on it today I could only find three stitch-outs for the pockets. The fourth must still be at work. So, it doesn't look quite like it's supposed to but it's still pretty.

This weekend brought an all-too-short but much fun visit with Aunt Sarah.


Sarah's long-time-friend Ginger (left) from Raleigh, NC, arranged a ride for the two of them to come almost all the way to Cincinnati. Holly (middle,) another long-time friend and Ginger's sister, picked them up in Sadieville on Friday night. And Janet (right,) mother of Ginger and Holly, took them back to Sadieville this morning. Janet lives in Ashland, but just so happened to be in Louisville for a workshop on Saturday.

Below is Holly's dad, who rode his motorcycle from Ashland to Cincinnati yesterday. Are you still following? Notice the fantastic quilt over his left shoulder. The quilt is one of Holly's,

as is this stunning flower quilt. Obviously, I need to hang out more with Holly in hopes that her creativity and skill will rub off.

More weekend pictures later.











No comments: