Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween

work project with embroidery and heirloom stitches
One of the reasons my new sewing machine was so attractive was a whole menu of heirloom stitches. The stitching on the napkin holders was made by pulling several threads of linen and using a pinstitch with a wing needle. There is also stitching around the napkins, but it's too dark to see. Very easy, just a smocking stitch over the hem.
Below are some Halloween scenes from the neighborhood. I never go all out, but it's fun to see what other people do.


Happy Halloween, everyone.




2 comments:

megasus said...

Connie! I was thinking of you the other day, Berea is nearing its peak for colors. It's so beautiful. Please let me know if you will be down this way anytime soon!
love,
Megan

Jane said...

Thanks for the cyber candy, my favorite kind and the tour of your street. Happy Halloween!