Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 96

machine embroidered scarecrow on a brown t-shirt

Friday Fill-Ins on this Halloween morning. Answers are in bold.

1. My favorite food seasoning is vanilla. I like it in baked things but I also like it as a scent in my house. It always reminds me of something warm and comforting.

2. The chatter of my grandkids is music to my ears. Nora always has a lot to say, and it's fun to hear what's going on in an almost-four-year-old mind. And the other evening Aaron went on and on, in whole sentences, I'm sure, I just don't know what he was saying.

3. Lucky is a state of mind. But having said that, lucky is finding money in a coat pocket, finding a long sleeve t-shirt forgotten over the summer, not having the tomatoes freeze, having your quilt fit together just right, and picking out a great cd at the library. I like to pick out something I've never heard of before just to see if I like it.

4. My health is something I take very seriously. It's on my mind because I had my physical about a month ago and am doing the follow-up tests. And as I get older, there are more tests. So far, the results are pretty good, and I'm happy about that.

5. Many people are getting tired of political commercials, especially the put-down ones. I find the local races interesting - it's my first big election here. Every night when I get home there are fliers, note pads, door hangers waiting for me. There are lots of signs in yards, but almost all of them are for local candidates.

6. A cake mix was the last thing I bought at the store. Every Friday at work there is a group of sewers who meet, and I'm in charge of getting the snack. Usually I opt for something healthy, but it's been a long time since we've had a fun holiday so I made a cake this morning. I'm a big fan of icing in the tub, and that will go on as soon as the cake is cool, along with a sprinkling of candy corn.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I plan to pass out trick-or-treat candy. We don't have a lot of kids who brave the hill to get to my street, but it will be a warm evening to sit outside and light the pumpkins. After that, I'm babysitting so Steph and Mike can go to a party. Tomorrow my plans include working, and Sunday I want to go to church in the morning, then stop at the conservatory. It's been ages since I've been there.

Happy Halloween Friday, everyone.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Vanilla is one of my favs too. The conservatory you speak of... is it for plants or stars ??? Hvae a fun sew group and a great weekend!

Michelle said...

getting tired of political commercials ~ couldn't agree more!

Happy Friday

SmilingSally said...

I absolutely forgot to put in Trick or Treat for tonight! My husband picked out the candy, and of course he choose his favorite kind. Now, he's praying that not too many kids come to the door!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great answers - have a super weekend.

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

I enjoyed listening to my kiddos conversation on the way to my son's tournament last Tuesday. They are growing up!

BTW, thanks for visiting me at my blog.

Janet said...

You know, I've been craving candy corn! Must get some!