Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What Are You Old Enough to Remember?

Today's postcard - tissue on tissue

I finished the box for my week-before-last lesson in the joggles class. You've seen the fabric I made for it last week. Now, except for the lesson that came out Tuesday, I'm up to date. This project was more structured than what I usually work with, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Before this lesson, I hadn't used the satin stitch on my machine and I'm glad to have corrected that. I can't believe how much thread that stitch uses.



The February concept for Sharon B's Take It Further Challenge is "What Are You Old Enough to Remember?" I want to do a collage and plan to do the background for it tomorrow. Here are some things I remember and think I can incorporate:
- grinding horseradish in the spring
-sulpher water from the well
-my grandmother making dress patterns from newspaper
-the baby chicks in my grandfather's hatchery
-always hanging clothes outside
-updating to an electric stove from kerosene
-the wringer washer
-my dairy farmer father insisting on real butter
-the garden
-my uncle's grape arbor
-shopping at the A&P
-saving pieces of tin foil
This is a fun challenge. I'm trying to not look at what others are doing until I'm well on the way.




No comments: