Monday, February 4, 2008

Quild Guild

Today's postcard - hand dyed fabrics

Tonight I visited a huge quild meeting in Cincinnati. Ellen Anne Eddy had given two weekend workshops for the guild and did a presentation tonight. She showed lots of pictures and brought lots of quilts too. It was cool to listen to her speak and to see her quilts outside of a magazine. Lots of bobbin threadwork and shimmery pieces in her newest quilts. You can see her work in the Winter 2002 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. I've been lucky to see many nice art works in the past few days.

The guild has good programs scheduled and has various projects going on. There are numerous smaller groups who meet outside the monthly programs, although none in this area yet. I probably will join.

I took these pictures on a sunny and very cold Saturday when I went downtown to get some art supplies for my joggles class. I hope that tomorrow I'll have the first lesson finished and will have pictures of the journals I'm making. Tomorrow lesson three will be posted, so I'm a little behind.





No comments: