Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Aquarium Artist Date

Today's postcard - tissue and angelina


If you haven't read Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, look for it at your next library visit. She recommends three basic things: morning journaling, walks, and weekly artist dates. The artist date is an hour or two spent alone recharging the creativity you put into your work.

Ms. Cameron mentions that "there are as many ways to avoid this commitment as there are days of your life" and I certainly find that to be true. It's been on my mind, though, and on Monday I went to the Newport Aquarium, which is a few minutes from my house. I have an annual pass, and I can't use the "too far away" and "too expensive" excuses. Not to mention, Barnes and Noble is right beside the aquarium.

I tried to take a picture in the virtual shark exhibit, but no luck. I did get others, though.


This is an artistic jellyfish model,

and these are the real deal.

It's always fun to watch the divers feed the rays

but when I was there they were feeding the sharks.


There was a crowd watching the divers and also watching the penguins, but otherwise Monday in the winter is a pretty quiet day. And yes, of course, I did go to Barnes and Noble too.








No comments: