Saturday, February 23, 2008

Over It

Today's postcard - commercial fabric and angelina

Thanks to all of you who sent commiserating messages about the winter. I've over the crankiness now.

First thing this morning I made some fabric with angelina fibers. I just can't stay cranky when I work with that wonderfulness.

Here's the color mix I chose - see what I mean? Aren't those fibers glorious?

Now they're fused together by ironing them,

And now some of that sparkly tulle from JoAnne's has been fused on top.


And how can I stay cranky when I turn to my sketchbook and remember that Nora added her touch to my sketch,

and added some crayon to the next page?

And to make it better, my quilt has come out of the hypothetical trash can. I drew the chicks (my grandfather had a hatchery) and they actually look like chicks. I'd been dreading that part.


I also added one more thing - my mother crocheted rugs and my grandmother braided rugs, and I wanted a little rug honoring that.

Everything is on the quilt now. I just have to stitch around the chicks and maybe around the grapes, I can't decide about that. Then I can start on the quilting.



No comments: