Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Freezing Rain

Today's postcard - felt, eyelash yarn, silk, Angelina film, torn seed catalog

We woke up here to freezing rain this morning, and it looks like we'll go to bed to the same. I guess the saving grace is that if if were just a little colder there would be a lot of snow.

Mike pulled up at the child care at 7 a.m. on the first day of his new co-op only to find the doors closed and the lights off - turns out they were on a two-hour delay. Isn't that a nightmare on a first day of work? Luckily, I'm on the way to his job, and I was glad to have the kids come here. And glad it wasn't me driving on the slippery hill to get to and from my door.

I had these animal crackers for Nora. I can't actually remember having them myself, but I can remember my brothers and sister having them, same box (except for the reference to calcium,) same little cloth handle. All kids seem to like them.

Nora had an early morning and a long nap with Elmo.

I wanted to catch a picture of Aaron napping too, but his naps were short today and he was already waking up. He seems to enjoy the Pac 'n Play and the star quilt hanging over it.






2 comments:

megasus said...

Connie!
Irene just sent me your blog link, it's amazing! So good to see what you are up to these days, it looks like a good time :) Do you make a postcard everyday? It's good to see your little ones too, I'm sure they love having you around more.
Do I remember correctly that you have a relative, Ben, who works at L'Arche Portland? I couldn't remember his name, but some of my co-workers know a Ben at the Portland L'Arche and have said great things about him.
Happy early Valentine's day!
megs

JessWildfire said...

Love the star quilt, Connie!You must be the model student because all your assignments turn out to be amazing. Thanks for sharing...
xoj