Sunday, May 23, 2021

Twenty Years

 


I pieced this table runner twenty plus years ago on a Singer sewing machine.  I didn't know what I was doing and used the edge of the presser foot as a seam guide.  Was there even blue painters' tape to use to mark a 1/4" seam line that long ago?

Digression - my new sewing machine has both metric and English guides on the needle plate and a 1/2" and 5/8" marking on the bobbin cover.  It's the little things that make us happy.  And of course a 1/4" piecing foot is now easy to come by.

I was enough of a math person to know that my strange seam allowance wouldn't work for any other kind of pattern so I didn't even try.  I did use the little square nine patches as part of a paper piecing pattern, you'll see that soon.

Today I quilted the table runner and put on a contemporary binding to mark the journeyThe simplest project ever but it spent most of its life unfinished in a drawer.

Tell me I'm not the only one.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Adorable runner---and no, absolutely not the only one. :D