Thursday, May 13, 2021

Not My Wallhangings

 


Not my wallhangings - Joanne made them.  Several years ago, probably, she shared them with me and they lived at my house for awhile.

Recently I saw them and realized that they needed their bindings sewn on  and then shared back with her.  Her hand quilting is so exquisite.  I wish I had taken a close up picture.  It made me happy to think of her surprise when she opened the package that came in her mailbox in Maine. 

There is a new Viking sewing/embroidery machine at my house.  Thanks to Margaret and Nick at Luke's for helping make that possible.  It has an integrated dual feed foot - after all these years I no longer have Pfaff envy.  And to go along with it, a laser line that can be turned on to help with straight seams.  Wi-fi capability for transferring embroidery designs.  Oh, my goodness.

It's the week of Aaron's make-up baseball games, postponed earlier because of rain.  Who would have thought that it would be so chilly in the evenings in mid-May.  Good thing the team mom had decided to order warm hoodies for the kids.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

They are pinned to the dining room wall my dear friend.
And I enjoy seeing them again. Wondering at how I did all that hand work back in the day.
Lovely binding. We do fill in the spaces for each other.