Saturday, January 9, 2021

Vegetable Soup and Politics

 


I did emerge from my fog of reading news and facebook and more news to make some vegetable soup.  With all the characters that should be there.  Really yummy.  Plus, four loaves of banana bread with the bananas that have been hanging around since Christmas.

I sometimes ask myself why I care so much.  I've always been a news junky - guess that's why I was a journalism major.  Or maybe it's the other way around.  Plus, I've always liked the comings and goings of politics.  And I keep thinking of my grands, and the kind of world I want them to live in.  

I get my feelings hurt when one of my relatives or friends posts about the libs or the dems in derogatory fashion, like I'm not even here.  I've learned to not engage, to try to just let it go, but it hurts.  Especially when it's said in terms like I am stupid or too dumb to know what's going on.  I don't think so.

I'm not sure how I feel about the president's having his Twitter feed taken away permanently.  I understand the need for it in this moment.  But forever, I just don't know.  Lots to think about.

No comments: