Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Scrap Sewing


This morning, with some inspiration from Christina Cameli, I decided to sit down with my latest tub of scraps and just start sewing them together.  (You can find Christina's website here.)

No worrying about whether things match, no concerns if I still don't have perfect wrist pressure on the rotary cutter ruler, no matter if I'm cutting down an orphan block or two.  Just moving forward, cutting the blocks down to 5".  And pressing seams open on my new wool pressing mat, thanks, Connie H.

A little ways into the tub I found a stack of 5" squares, so for the larger scrap pieces I'll just cut more of those.  I'm picturing white fabric between the blocks, but who knows.

Looking forward to a day or two of warmer temperatures.  Going out for breakfast in the morning.


No comments: