Friday, January 24, 2020

Cast Off


The cast is gone from my wrist and arm.  There was a LOT of padding to cut through.

So, this is my new view.  The brace is molded vinyl covering the bottom of my arm, with three velcro strips to hold it in place.  There's a white stocking under it so it doesn't rub on the skin.  I'll pretty much wear it all the time except for showers and therapy until March 6.

But please note, you can see the sleeve of my zippered fleece covering the brace.  I'm always cold, and it feels so good to have both arms covered.  I'd been wearing my fleeces on my right arm and throwing them across my shoulders.  The cast was just too fat to fit a fleece over it.  This feels glorious.  No luck with a glove, though, but I can take off the spongy rectangle if I want to - maybe then.

I ordered two white jelly rolls to use with my scrap blocks, and they should be here tomorrow.  For today, though, after my doctor and therapy visits, I'm tired and will be turning off the sewing machine.

No comments: