Monday, January 27, 2020

Scrap Quilt Start



It's a start.  Basic as can be but satisfying to me.  Five inch blocks, 2/3 of them "as is" and 1/3 of them pieced, separated by 2 1/2" strips from a white jelly roll.  I'm thinking that eight rows of piecing will be about right for a lap quilt.

I have two friends in long-term residential rehab and this may find a home with one of them.

Another friend just told me that when you take a fabric scrap from a pile, a scrap fairy replaces it with two scraps.  This could be true.

I've started rereading Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way for maybe the third or fourth time.  I am good at Morning Pages, but Artist Dates - I'm going to have to start from scratch again with those.  I'm thinking about how or why I got so far removed from them, when they are so important.

Same, but in a shorter term, with salads.  Yes, I know, I'm way off track here.  For the past few months my mind kept telling me - no salad.  For no reason that I can comprehend.  I finally had a good one tonight, and it was amazing.

No comments: