Friday, January 17, 2020

No Paczi Donut


Yesterday I took myself for lab work that I've been putting off.  I promised myself that I'd stop on the way back at Graeter's for a paczi donut.  A paczi donut is huge and jelly filled and available only in January and the days prior to Lent in February.  I don't eat the entire donut, but it's tradition, like pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately for me, they were sold out, so I got this tea ring, my go-to.  And that is good too.  The older gentleman who has worked at the store forever asked about my wrist, wished me good healing.  I hoped for a vegetarian soup, but it was afternoon by then and there was only chili left.

I am waiting to hear of news from my friend who fell and hurt her left wrist this morning.  She is at Urgent Care.  Fingers crossed for her, she says she has lots of pain and little movement.  

This has been a task week, getting my house back into order after the holidays.  I have much more wrist movement and energy and can do most things that don't involve twisting.  And lifting, limited to five pounds with the left.  So, sewing is on my mind.  I miss it if I haven't sewn for a few days.  I have a bag of scraps from a friend - like I'm always telling you, someone else's scraps are always better.

No comments: