Friday, July 5, 2019

Happy Day


It was a happy July 4.  These neighborhood kids don't usually hang out a lot, but they enjoy the tradition of being together on the 4th.

I always have vague plans of just relaxing on a holiday but always end up doing my tasks.  Which is ok.  I'm glad I can do them.  Last July 4 I had pneumonia and the day passed in a blur.  This was so much better.

One of my goals for the year was to make a Christmas tree skirt, and yesterday I found an Anita Goodesign pattern that I really liked.  And so, I pressed the button.  Actually, there are several possibilities.  A couple of stitching only, one is heavily appliqued.  We will see.  The stitching-only ones could have pretty Christmas fabric for the backing.

Those Cincinnati Reds!  Three and a half games out of first place.  But still in the basement of their division.  Very unusual.  Today is a day off for them, so it will be fun to just see what the other teams do.  For the first time in a few years, baseball is exciting around here.





No comments: