Friday, July 26, 2019

Hydrangeas


The hydrangeas are having an excellent year.  Thanks, Sarah, for recommending them.  And planting them.

I am thinking of that long ago country song.  "As the door behind me closes, it's been a good year for the roses."  A love gone sad.  At least the roses are nice.

I had lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in way too long.  She suggested a Lebanese restaurant that I didn't know existed despite driving by its strip mall again and again.  I filled up on veggies and pita and the silkiest humus and baba gannouj.  I brought my salad home for tomorrow, chopped greens and quinoa and lots of other stuff.  (Aladdin's for my Cincinnati friends, definitely recommend.)

My car is making a strange sound and son-in-law Mike is going to drive it tomorrow and listen.  He is so good at knowing about things like that and I am . . . not.


No comments: