Thursday, July 11, 2019

Not My Bear


A neighbor took this picture of the little bear walking across Sarah and Winnie's front yard.  In the daytime, no less.  They live in North Carolina in a well-populated but fairly rural area not far from town.

It's been very hot, with poor air quality.  Last night I was inside reading, getting updates from Aaron's baseball game, when it suddenly started raining hard and unexpectedly.  So, no watering today.  I'm not an everyday waterer, I try to get by with minimum watering, encouraging those plants to grow some deep roots.  

Yesterday was the first day that I actually sat down at the sewing space I'd set up in my bedroom, where it's cool.  I found that I actually liked it, very pleasant, and I didn't mind running up and down stairs for various things.  I got a good start on some sewing jobs.

If only.  If only I procrastinated less.  That's my "if only."  Of course, I have others too, but that's the big one.  (Thinking about those sewing jobs reminded me of this.)

And so, thinking of mid-year goals, this is my big thing to work on.

 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I write about procrastination in my morning pages more often than anything else. I have found if I just do a very small thing on a project I can get my foot into doing work and not looking for ways to ignore it. Like iron it. or move the stack over a few inches-just something really small that my brain doesn't automatically start screaming PROCRASTINATE. Or I say to myself--I'll just do this very small part. Nothing more. Than I can walk away.

I procrastinate because I think a project is too hard for me--or that there will be problems I can't solve or it will take too long etc. And most of all because I really do not want to do it. a lot of written pages on this.