Monday, June 24, 2019

Wish Big



Loved this whimsical little bird and her message.

Yesterday I went to Joann to get buttons for a project.  Which is in itself unusual.  How many times do I ever buy buttons?

When I pulled in to the shopping plaza I was amazed at the number of parking spaces by the store.  At first I thought I must have had the hours wrong.  But no, the big Michael's store next to Joann was closed.  It always seemed like such a busy store, lots of registers ringing people up, lots of customers.  

I have to admit that I haven't shopped there since a new Michael's opened very close to my house.  And now there is a new AJ Moore store even closer.  But judging from the number of parking spaces now available, lots of people will be missing that store.

I spent the afternoon at a baseball facility watching Aaron play in a city-wide tournament.  It was a nice facility.  Real bathrooms with soap, amazing.  Well-maintained fields.  My only complaint is that the dugouts weren't covered.  On hot days, it's nice for the kids to be able to get some shade while their team is up to bat.  Especially those fair-skinned little guys like Aaron.

The second game was tied when the rain came and the teams will play the final inning Tuesday night.

No comments: