Thursday, June 20, 2019

So Much Rain



Rain.  So much rain.  It is so humid that now and then the sky just opens.  And then, there are the thunderstorms.

I got sale plants at the big box store yesterday.  I figured they would have lots reduced because people wouldn't plant when it was raining and there was probably another shipment scheduled.  My favorite is a planter with king coleus, I've admired those other seasons.  I'll put it on the back porch, although the door from the kitchen is so swollen that I can't open it.  Can't even unlock it.

I also got some reblooming day lilies in a rosy color.  $1 each.  The day lilies are really thriving in the rain this year.

I am trying to figure out how to do nice box corners on a cushion cover.  Something I do so infrequently that I don't remember from one time to the next.  I think the thing to do is just make a sample first, much as I dislike doing that.  But, I'll be really sad if I cut out the customer's fabric and it isn't right.

Yesterday I took Aaron and a friend to Scene 75 and they happily played a huge assortment of games for a couple of hours.  Kid heaven.

No comments: