Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wombats in the Evening


I have a special feeling for Nora's Wombats softball team since she has been on that team for so long.  Still, last night was the first game I'd seen this season.  Nora came to the Wombats late since she was playing middle school ball and players can't play school ball and rec ball simultaneously.  Then there were some rain-outs and some games in towns pretty far out.

There was a double header and I got to the first game late because a tree was blocking the road and I had to find an alternate route.  And I left the second game early because I wanted to find my way back before it was dark.  Turns out that my route coming home was much easier anyway.  

The sunset was beautiful and I was glad to be out on the country roads to see it.  Then my road dipped down to the Ohio River, more glorious sunset.

They must have called the second game for darkness soon after I left.  The Wombats won the double header, which probably accounts for Nora's happy smile.

The moral of this story:  I need to get out more often in the evenings.  If I stay home in the evenings I'll turn into an old lady in no time.

No comments: